We've kept the rules of Touch Rugby League very simple so it makes it as straightforward as possible for you to join in and play. If you're new to the game you will be amazed at how easy it is to pick up.
Quick Guide to Touch Rugby League:
- The simple aim of Touch Rugby League is to score a try by grounding the ball over the opposition' s try line.
- The basics of the sport are similar to the traditional game in that you pass the ball backwards and have six opportunities to score.
- To stop the other team from scoring you must touch the player with the ball. A legal touch is on any part of the body, clothing or ball and constitutes a tackle.
- After six touches the ball is handed over from the attacking team to the defending team.
- The game consists of two 20 minute halves.
- 5/6 players per team are allowed on the field at any one time and there are unlimited numbers of substitutions.
or attend your first session where they will be explained to you.